Friday, March 02, 2007

I. Get. The. Hint.

There really is no clearer sign that you should get off your expanding butt and write a blog than people actually sending you emails with helpful possible blog topics. So. I promise to write more and I'll start with this:

In high school, Marsha and I were way ahead of everyone else. This sounds like in some way it may be immodest but I think it's actually just true. So instead of paying attention during class we came up with myriad projects like making a list of everything funny ever said on the Simpsons and writing those stories where you put down two lines, fold it over, then someone else writes two lines, and so you eventually unfold it and read the accordion-like and hilarious results.

Somewhere in all of this we also came up with a national holiday, No Socks Day.

Years later it turns out that No Socks Day is real.....it's May 8th. So on that day you should all take off your socks. But not near me necessarily because I am very sensitive to foot odour. I know you think your feet don't smell, but man, they do. So maybe let's call it No Socks In Your Own Personal Space Day.

Also Marsha found that every day is actually a day of something....my birthday is Lumpy Rug Day. Which I vaguely resent.

It is better than it being on Baby Day (ugh!) or More Herbs, Less Salt Day, but not quite as good as if it had been Sea Monkey Day or perhaps Wiggle Your Toes Day.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate how my birthday is national lighthouse day. BORING.

March 03, 2007 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my birthday is on "Tell a lie day." All this time I've been telling the truth about my age. Now I know that I will be totally justified in being 29 for the rest of my life.

March 06, 2007 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The horror! My birthday is Chicken Soup for the Soul Day! I hate chicken soup when it is not for the soul! Why couldn't I have Chaos Never Dies Day?
On the plus side though, November is both Real Jewellery month and National Sleep Comfort month, both of which are dear to my heart.

March 08, 2007 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker