Thursday, January 18, 2007

the most fun you can have at Home Depot with your boots on

This afternoon, while waiting for Kathleen's new deadbolts to be re-keyed, we were browsing the aisles when that song (you know it) "I'm The One Who Wants To Be With You" by Mr. Big comes on. I walk over to where Kath is, singing and making expansive hand gestures that indicate how much it is I, who wants the be with Her.

We then spend a few minutes making the moment perfect by slow dancing the way we did back in Grade Six when this song first set a fire in all our hearts and loins. Namely, with arms out absolutely straight, swaying minimally from side to side, and making no eye contact whatsoever.

We got a few looks, especially from this one lady. I couldn't tell if it was a frown that said, "have some more respect for the mailbox and lock aisle of Home Depot" or if it said, "my those lesbians are becoming bold".

Either way, if I made one old Asian woman's day more surreal, then I have been a success.

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Maybe she was thinking,
"I wonder if they have room for one more. . . and we could start a drumming circle. Lesbians love drumming circles!"

January 18, 2007 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sing with me..."Love will lift us up where we belong...."

January 19, 2007 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker