Monday, January 08, 2007

feeding on externally validated self-esteem antelopes

Ooh, ooh. Look what I randomly found. I love it, love it, when people try and cover up their bitter rants by presenting it as an astute sociological observation. Especially when using esoteric metaphors.

I’m not dating a hot girl anymore. In two senses:1.) I broke up with my attractive girlfriend. (ed. note: "My girlfriend broke up with me") 2.) I’ve decided not to date a hot girl again.

HOT GIRLS = BAD. LESS HOT GIRLS = GOOD. (ahem)

Dating a hot girl is great, since you’re constantly thinking about having sex with her, and you get to. It’s really fantastic. BUT!! (and this is a big BUT) it comes at a cost. Gather ’round, children.

Girls are like starving jackals when it comes to complements. Complement them on their shoes, and they’ll stave off complement starvation for a little bit….but they’ll need to feed again. Soon. Hot girls are the fat jackals that get food tossed to them. They go through their day being admired, stared at, and complemented for everything they do from buying a bagel to passing gas (”Dude, that hot girl farted.” “AWESOME!”) so they begin to define themselves by their hotness. Because they’re validated so regularly, hot girls get a self-esteem defined by others, and a sense of entitlement that could match your average NBA player.

Not-as-hot girls don’t have this problem. They learn to validate themselves through their own self confidence and self worth. A complement here and there is nice, but they are the fit, scavenging complement jackals that can make it through a harsh winter without any “Hey you’re hot”’s.

So, less-than-totally-hot girls of the world unite. I am going to date you. Like, uh, even more than before.


So, less-than-hot girls, unite! This man, who is a total prize, is going to date all of you in an apparently united way. I don't know how he expects to lure the pack of you in, seeing as you can make it through a harsh complement winter.

Ha ha ha...the worst thing of all is, he's completely correct. Speaking for all hot girls everywhere, I'd like to say: "Complement me right now or I'll gnaw the tires off your Landrover."

"Dude, that hot girl is waiting to scavenge the gazelle corpse when the lions are through!"
"AWESOME!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Jensies said...

I just don't know where you find these goldmines of hilarity

you're like the mischievous (I had to look up how to spell that! who would've thought it was spelled like that) angel of comedy ... I love it

January 09, 2007 9:05 PM  
Blogger Idoru said...

I can't believe that a Ph.D. had to look up mischievous. You think that word would occur constantly in your research.

January 10, 2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Tess said...

I can't believe there are still jack ass guys out there (actually I can totally believe they're out there, so scratch that), that still put women in hotness class systems. This is supposed to be a complement? "not so hot girls" I think the problem here is that this dude is a loser.

If some guy decides to date me based on the fact that he thinks I'm "not so hot" then that's a problem. A problem I'd fix by crushing his balls. I want every boyfriend I have to think I'm super f*cking foxy hot... they should be taken with me, that should be why they're dating me - they see me as hot... not "not so hot".

He likes dating "not so hot girls" because he's not confident enough with himself to stand up beside a hotty. He feels like he's not worthy, and he's therefor jelous of her and resentful, because he feels she has the control.

This guy has a small penis.

I took a course with a woman who doesn't shave her arm pits once in college. She will tell you all about it.

Who the f is he to start saying every hot girl in the world has no ability for form healthy self esteme by herself, based on her own talents and personality.

This dude's a jack ass. In my jack ass catogory, he is a jack ass, not a "not such a jack ass" or a "half ass jackass" but a total Jack-ass.


:)

January 13, 2007 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker