Monday, December 11, 2006

cohen apocrypha

Overheard today while christmas shopping in the "Poetry" section of Chapters.....

Shaggy-haired guy in Matthew Good T-shirt, to bleached out girlfriend:

"I heard this story from a friend when I was going to school back east. The mother of my friend had had a one-night stand with Leonard Cohen. The next morning he hopped out of bed, put on his pants, and said "Darling, I would love to stay. But I am a poet." then turned and walked out the door."

1. I really hope this is true.
2. Finally. A line I can use for those awkward mornings after.

4 Comments:

Blogger apk01004 said...

A mother who discusses her one-night stands with her son?

She must be one of those "liberated women" I've heard about.

December 11, 2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Idoru said...

normally i'm a fan of parents never giving their children any indication they've had sex, beyond the obvious. But if I slept with Leonard Cohen, I would tell my kids. I would probably tell people who sat next to me on the bus. It would be the title of this blog.

December 11, 2006 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes..I remember that man well. I too overheard this incredible story.
Maybe if I had slept with leonard cohen when he was younger and sexy? But now he's just a wrinkly old man with a sexy voice.

December 11, 2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger B said...

I usually use:
"Darling, I'd love to stay, but I've got to take a wicked dump. I can do that here, or at Tim Hortons--completely your call."

Not as tidy and graceful as, "I'm a poet" but still very effective.

December 13, 2006 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker