Wednesday, December 06, 2006

kind of an existential problem

So, tonight I was perusing Megatunes and they were playing Sufjan Stevens' christmas album. I'm just still not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, everything Sufjan touches turns to awesome. Including Christmas music. Which I hate. So I was listening to it going, "lovely! That's a lovely banjo riff! This is totally enjoyable!"

Then the other part of my brain went, "yes, but you're singing 'pa rum pa pum pum'. With feeling."

I feel unresolved. Still, it's better than Manheim Steamroller's christmas album, which my mom drags out every 24th.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah! Humbug!

December 07, 2006 2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only like one song on the manheim album...but I like the one she plays during christmas present opening...the acoustic classical guitar one. Good times.

So apparently I can't post comments on your blog when logged in under my name, but I can if I'm not.

Weird.

December 07, 2006 12:58 PM  
Blogger B said...

I would only be worried if, when listening to "Jingle Bells", you add in the three "Ho Ho Hos" after the line "O'er the fields we go, laughing all the way!".

Otherwise, I think it's fine to "a rum pah tum tum"--so long as there's a banjo involved.

December 08, 2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker