Sunday, November 26, 2006

an ague hath MY ham

Holy Moly. Those of you in other climes don't know how lucky you are. It's been in the negative degrees here for what feels like forever. The roads are skating rinks. I did a 360 in Bustopher Jones twice today. (Which is pretty fun by the way. I feel like a stunt driver. I'm not entirely sure the second time wasn't on purpose.)

Every time I come home I think I have frostbite on both my feet and the only cure is to sit with my toes in a bucket of hot water, lean on my St. Bernard and take small sips of brandy.

In honor of this winter of my discontent, I would like to publish the parody poem "Ancient Music" by Ezra Pound.

Winter is icummen in, Lhude sing Goddamm.
Raineth drop and staineth slop,
And how the wind doth ramm!
Sing: Goddamm.
Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us, An ague hath my ham.
Freezeth river, turneth liver,
Damn you, sing: Goddamm.
Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am,
Goddamm, So 'gainst the winter's balm.
Sing goddamm, damm, sing Goddamm.
Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.


Ezra, dude......I know how you feel.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's all this about eggs and ham?

November 27, 2006 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 27, 2006 12:44 AM  
Blogger mudget said...

ooo, deleted post. How intriguing. Are you wielding your mighty blogger censuring powers over us all now?

Just thought I'd stop by to laugh at your misfortune. It's a balmy "hovering around zero" here and the locals are freaking out and the paper is running informative articles on the risks of frostbite. Hehe!!

November 28, 2006 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker