Sunday, November 19, 2006

and i'll throw in a goat

Today Kathleen and I went down to Artmarket at Telus Convention Centre to see what there was to see and size up the competition... (The competition sucks, is our general consensus). However since I've never been to a christmas sale before that I paid to get into, I was determined to find an impulse buy. Kathleen outpaced me early on in spending, and I was finding very little in the way of objects I had a burning desire to own and fondle.

Sometimes I am a sucker for very nice pottery, for reasons I cannot explain. We came across some stylish noodle bowls with pretty glazes, funkified asymettrical design and those awesome divot/hole combinations where you can rest your chopsticks. I was musing out loud how it didn't really make sense to start buying nice dinnerware until I have my own aparment. Kathleen said I should just buy them anyway. Says I...."maybe I could just store them away somewhere. I could get a hope chest! You know....a dowry."

So the point of this is that I now have a dowry. I'm starting small but it will grow. Right now marrying me means that you get a really nice noodle bowl. However, after I make a quilt and needlepoint some pillows...I am one eligible bachelorette. I am accepting marriage proposals in writing, starting 9 am monday morning.

Did I mention the bowls even came with chopsticks?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker