Thursday, January 25, 2007

what we all want

When I was younger I used to want to find a secret passageway to a world where there were unicorns. I was convinced it was in my backyard somewhere. I used to want a swimming pool and a tennis court and to know how to play tennis. I used to want to have a convertible. I wanted to be pretty and willowy and be an international model. I used to want my black belt in karate. I used to want to be able to buy anything I wanted, anytime I wanted it. I used to want to get lost in the jungle to see if I'd survive. I used to want to play guitar in a rock band. I wanted to be in love and I also wanted to be able to kiss every beautiful person I saw. I wanted my own boat to sail around the world. I used to want a Ph.D. I wanted to have a minimum wage job in Spain, write books and tell strangers my name was Lola. I used to want to climb Everest and also freeze my tongue to the south pole.


Now all I want.......ALL I want....is to stop gouging my hand with a screwdriver at work.

Seriously. There aren't enough band-aids in the world.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering why there are bandaids all over the house. I mean....I know why the ones in my vicinity are there what with the thumb slicing...but the others were a mystery

Wear some sort of protective gloves maybe? At least on the hand you are not "screwing" with and then you can still get a good grip.

January 26, 2007 12:17 AM  
Blogger kaylen said...

aww...

wow.

all i wanted was to dig a hole in the backyard and live in it for a couple days like a fox.

January 26, 2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger kaylen said...

eek.... i know my handwriting is illegible at best...

shearwater song on that cd is "Near a Garden" not "New a Garden".... apologies.

January 29, 2007 5:39 PM  
Blogger Idoru said...

yeah i figured that out eventually. but seriously, the way you wrote it, it says "new a garden". which is also good.

January 29, 2007 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker