Wednesday, January 24, 2007

999 ways to say I love you

Hello,

So, my little blog tracker thing says right now that there have been 999 people here...rolling over to a thousand by the time you read this, you doll. That's not even hits, that's PEOPLE, people. You wonderful peeps.

This makes me feel giddy and reflective...last year I thought of starting a blog, decided my life wasn't exciting enough (which is ironic really....last year? student, professional bellydancer, actively volunteering, winning mad awards and travelling. This year? Boring.) then finally decided to just put out or get out, as they say. And it's been a pretty fun ride, even though some people persist on not realizing that everything in here is so tongue in cheek I look like a chipmunk storing up for winter.

Some Trivia:

  • The url springs not from the fact that I am the prettiest vox of the populus, but rather from a song lyric in Ted Leo and the Pharmacists' "Timorous Me".
  • The title is Buy Me A Pony because it's the first thing I remember asking, and will probably be the last.
  • The mandate of Buy Me A Pony is threefold:

1. Feelings are boring, kissing is awesome.

2. Hyperbole is an indicator of divine origin.

3. I like attention.

Anyway, I'm entirely sure I do not know 1000 people. Even though some of you have probably been counted many times in that figure. So, if anyone out there is reading this, and I do not know you, please feel free to leave a comment introducing yourself. I am sure that we can be the best of friends. I know you're shy, but think about it. Yes, you.

Everyone else? Just keep all arms and legs inside until I have come to a complete stop. And muchas gracias.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey: I was #1001! Do I win a prize?

January 24, 2007 2:07 AM  
Blogger Idoru said...

there are no prizes. there is only love.

January 24, 2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger Beauty Bitch said...

You can have another centerpiece?

January 24, 2007 5:40 PM  
Blogger kaylen said...

the phaaaaantom of the opera
is popular

January 25, 2007 9:32 AM  
Blogger mudget said...

love? what a stupid prize. You can't sell it or anything. Its freaking priceless, and not in the good way either! And, according you mandate #1, you think its boring. I'm glad I wasn't 1001!!

January 26, 2007 4:33 PM  
Blogger Idoru said...

dude, can't you read. There are no prizes. Ergo love is not a prize. How did you ever get in a Ph.D. program? You'll never be 1001.

January 26, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger Jonathan Ball said...

feelings ARE boring. also boring: donkeys. seriously.

January 31, 2007 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker