Monday, January 22, 2007

the marshmellow bits of this weekend

My favorite part of the Found Film Fest, which is like Found Magazine but with obviously, film:

Never before seen footage of Timothy Treadwell, kissing the belly of a seal for about 8 minutes straight. Pausing to say, "I would die for you!". Then back to the kissing.

My favorite part of the wrap party for the High Performance Rodeo, Called "Zaireeka: A Listening Experience", consisting of four different Flaming Lips Albums being played at once in the Big Secret Theater:

Being awkwardly hit on by this guy who was so intent he almost followed me into the womens' washroom. He later took my hand in his the way men do when they are going to kiss it....he did not kiss my hand, but also did not let go, and still tried to gesture with his arms while talking. I had to say, "um, you're kind of twisting my arm."

My favorite part of drinking afterwards with Charles, Matt and Mark:

The fact that they're all so darn charming. Also having to take back my fur hat from Charles after he had been perching it on his arm and petting it for half and hour. "I'm sorry, but you're starting to look like Paris Hilton."

My favorite part of having to stagger back home through downtown in sub-zero temperatures with Kaylen:

Me: Yup, my pantalones are definitely falling down.
Kaylen: That's the cutest thing you've said all day.

My favorite part of shaking off the hangover the next day to attend the Bridal Convention with Kathleen:

A fashion show where the models were all wearing ill-fitting gowns and walking like men. By the end we had nicknamed them all: Jiggles, Akimbo, Foxy Brown, Jailbait, and Give Me A Sandwich. Also yelling "take it off!" and "show us your teats!". Plus making fun of the coked up designer who said Canadians are smouldering volcanos.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jensies said...

Hey! I got duped into going to the Bridal Fair too!! There are some weird/ugly-ass gowns out there. At least our fashion show had a bit of man-candy in it as well (they came out in underwear once and then in swimsuits another time). One of my favorite parts was when the bride-to-be said (while sitting next to her fiancee) "I like that guy!! I mean ... his shorts". Haha - funny. The emcee actually asked if anyone was rethinking their groom choice. Scandalous!

I didn't know there was a Found Film Festival!!! I love the Found books. I am so jealous. You'll have to fill me in the next time we interlude for a rendezvous.

January 22, 2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger Idoru said...

Jen....you and me...anytime, anywhere, I'll tell you anything you want. And you can take that to the bank, ladylegs.

January 24, 2007 12:22 AM  
Blogger Beauty Bitch said...

I check the found magazing site daily...there's some great stuff!!
I totally have a few things I could submit too!

Like someone who left their shopping list in their cart when I worked at the grocery store, written on a list where at the top it had a picture of a bear, a flower pot and a gardening trowl...and said "HAIRY POTTER"

Hahahaha

Back to my sudoku I go..

January 24, 2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker