Wednesday, April 25, 2007

i heart my new weekend job

Today i got paid to spend three hours dressing up strawberries in little chocolate tuxedos.





Which is easily the most precious thing I've done all week.


After a while, I started getting attached to them, and made up little back stories. Like Rico, who is in love with a beautiful dancer, but it is not meant to be.

If anyone knew how rich my internal life is, I'm sure I'd be fired. As it is, I was caught humming "Copacabana" by the kitchen manager.

Between putting clothes on fruit, and getting to make a "boop!" noise whenever I put a cherry on top of a whip-cream rosette, well.......I've never been so happy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jensies said...

I am so jealous right now you have no idea. I have a good mind to run away to Calgary and offer to work at your establishment for free. Do you know what I got to do today? Spend 6 hours going over someone's masters thesis presentation helping to fix the trainwreck that it was. My head hurts.

April 26, 2007 12:35 AM  
Blogger Idoru said...

well, jen, that's what you get for doing a Ph.D. instead of getting a useless art school degree. You should have thought more about this, and now, you will have to pay the consequences.

April 26, 2007 11:20 PM  
Blogger kaylen said...

aww. that's the cutest thing you've said all day.

April 27, 2007 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker