Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bustopher Jones


As many of you know, one of the only new and interesting developments in my life since returning from Peru, (besides what to force Kathleen to make me for lunch) is that I have purchased a new little car. It is somewhat like the one pictured above, although not surrounded by a floating neon green square. I can not actually use a picture of Buster himself (he has forbidden it, because he came with a dent in the side that he would prefer I not advertise).

However the day I bought him, I took him to the mechanic's for a wheel alignment, and they somehow managed to set off the anti-theft on the cd player. So now I can not listen to the radio, cd's, anything. And I have not time to take him to get fixed until the end of the contract next week. Therefore, I present to you, a list of the aural pleasures during my one hour-per-day commute in Mr. Bustopher Jones.

  • The whistling of the wind whenever I do in excess of 80 km/h. (0ften) Then I think, are all the windows closed? The sunroof? What the hell is whistling? Maybe the radio antenna cause it sticks out....maybe I'll try closing the window again, just to make sure...(repeat)

  • The sound of what different kinds of pavement sound like under the tires. For instance, the all weather surface outside of Redwood goes, "brrrrrrreeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh". The normal pavement with cracks every few meters goes, "krrrrrrrrrrr(goof)krrrrrrrrrrrrrr(goof) kr(goof) krrrrrrrrr". The fresly laid pavement on Hwy 8 right before the city has a silky "ssseeeeeeeeeeee" sound. Oh and gravel sounds like rice krispies.

  • Myself singing bits of songs that I've heard recently. Only bits, because, I can never seem to remember whole entire songs unless I am singing along to the music, because then I can get prompts when I need them. For instance, the other day I sang one verse and the chorus to "Funny little Frog" about 50 times straight. Also, myself singing bits of songs incorrectly. For instance, when I sing "Funny little Frog", it contains awesome lyrics like "I get to be a-feelin' responsible/I come home late and unlock your door"

  • Actual lyrics from the Belle and Sebastian website: "I get to play at feeling irresponsible/I come home late and I love your soul" Uncreative and boring.

  • The sound of myself practicing having important conversations with people. Sometimes I do their voice as well, and fill in the other side of the conversation. Because if I didn't, then I'd be talking to myself, which we all know is for crazy people.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow....I thought I was the only one who had mock conversations with other people alone in the car..good to know I'm not alone. :)

September 13, 2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger kaylen said...

when you start manufacturing your own greek choruses you just let me know. i have a bag full of pointers and tips :`)

September 13, 2006 11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Rae, I had no idea your new car was so sporty lookin'. Love the new blog. Love you too.
M

September 13, 2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker